Be a Big. Give a Little Something.
In a couple hours a week you can impact a child's life today and to transform their potential for tomorrow.
Be a Big.
For just a couple hours a week you can give a Little Brother or Little Sister the invaluable gift of your friendship. By simply changing their perspective of what the world can offer, you can literally start changing their lives. And sometimes it’s as simple as playing video games, going to a museum, or just hanging out together.
Requirements for Bigs:
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must have lived in the Winchester, Frederick, Clarke County area for at least 3 months.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance, reliable transportation and a clean driving record.
- Must pass background checks including a criminal/sexual registry check and Child Protective Services check.
- Must be able to commit to weekly visits with your Little for a minimum of 1 year.
How to apply – There are a few ways to get started!
2. Fill out and submit this online inquiry form that will give us some basic information about you. This is NOT a full application. A BBBS staffer will call you to set up an appointment to come to the office to fill out the application, background checks and will complete an interview.
3. Call us. Give one of our staff a call at 540-662-1043 during regular business hours. They’ll answer any questions you have as well as take your information in order to schedule an interview.
Have a question?
Don’t worry. Our trained staff will be happy to guide you through the application process. And when it’s time to make a match we’ll help you meet a Little in your area who shares your interests — and we’ll support you all the way. We’ll even give you some great ideas for activities that other Bigs and Littles have enjoyed through the years!